Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures - by Laurell K Hamilton



After being reintroduced into the reading world,via the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, I felt a sudden rush to read, and read, and read.

Anita Blake was given to me by a great friend who thought that I would like it since I had previously only read vampire books who had a few friendly werewolves in them.

Polar opposites is what I got and loved it. Anita is a bad ass, hard to the core woman who's known as an Animator, which means she raises the dead for a living. She absolutely despises vampires, thinks that they're nothing but a walking corpse. In an age where vampires are running bars & strip clubs, and have the same rights as every living, breathing human does, Anita finds herself launched between a rock and a hard spot when she's approached by a very powerful vampire in her city and is asked to help them figured out who is behind some of the unsolved vampire murders that are happening in St. Louis.

During her reluctant investigation Anita must work with people she doesn't know, or trust. Thrown into a different type of world she has no desire to join or even wander into, she must now completely surround herself with it. If being stalked by a dangerous assassin (who's also a former ally) isn't enough, try throwing the fact that she is catching the eye of an extremely sexy "walking corpse"! And all while trying to raise the dead and get her job done.

I will admit that it took me a little while to get into this book, but I'm glad that I did because it really creates a great starting point for this series.

No comments: