Thursday, November 4, 2010

Possession (Blood Ties Book #2) - By Jennifer Armintrout


My father always said fear was a weakness. Well, that's easy to say when you don't have to worry about vampire slayers or holy water. I hate fear, but undead life goes on. In the two months since I was attacked in the hospital morgue and turned into a vampire, I've killed my evil sire, Cyrus, fallen in love with my new sire, Nathan, and have even gotten used to drinking blood. Just when things are finally returning to normal -- as normal as they can be when sunlight can kill you -- Nathan becomes possessed. And then he slaughters an innocent human. Now it's my job to find Nathan before the Voluntary Vampire Extinction Movement does, because they're just waiting for an excuse to terminate him -- and anyone foolish enough to help him. But it gets worse. It turns out that Nathan's been possessed by one of the most powerful and wicked vampires alive -- the Soul Eater. And who knows what vile plan he's concocted?
With the Soul Eater and my possessed sire on the loose, I have a lot to fear. Including being killed. Again.
(borrowed from jenniferarmintrout.com)

Following the first book in the series, The Turning, Possessed was slightly all over the place for me. In the first book every thought, scene & emotion came from Carrie, in this book they came from Carrie, Max, Bella, almost every other character in the book as well. I can understand to make a story come together and make the bigger picture work you need to P.O.V. of all some of the characters, but not all of them. Jennifer still did a good capturing my attention with Carrie & Nathan's relationship. The emotion that those two share made me cry at the end of the book. There are times when I just want to slap Nathan, make him realize what he's got in front of him. Men, I swear.

Honestly, I wish that I was as excited with this review as I was with the last one, but for some reason I'm not. Might have to do with how the book ended....not sure. Maybe it was that I needed a smidgen more steaminess? Hmmm. Regardless I will still recommend this book, and yes, I will read the next book in the series. For the moment though, I think I need a break from Blood Ties. That way my mind can recharge, and I'll be beyond excited the next time I pick the series up.

No comments: