Monday, February 7, 2011

Stealing Time - By Elisa Paige

Release Date: 1/31/2011
Publisher: Carina Press
Website: Elisa Paige
Purchase Info: Amazon

It wasn't that she wanted to live forever. She just didn't want to die.
 
When artist James Wesley realizes Evie Reed is dying, he is so moved by the beautiful reporter's determination to live that he makes her immortal—a vampire, like him. She's the woman he's been waiting over 150 years for. Though initially shocked by the change, Evie quickly embraces her second chance at life, and love.
 
Just as James and Evie begin to define eternity together, a zealot breaks an ancient treaty, threatening a peace between humans and vampires that has stood for a thousand years. And when he focuses his hatred on Evie, the immortal lovers find themselves swept up in a deadly supernatural war...

Okay....I really like this book for the first 3/4 of the way through it, then we kind of had a lovers quarrel. I honest to god wish that I would have loved the ending as much as James & Evie love each other. But I can't sit here and say that the book as whole sold me.

There were a few parts that slightly reminded me of other vampire books I've read. Like creating small newly change vampire armies....or having the ability to manipulate energy, which create force fields around people. It kills me to say negative things about books, especially when there are certain parts that were truly unique and I liked. For instance in the vampire world that James and Evie live in there are quiet a few really interesting etiquette corks that drew my attention, and how reclusive these vampires truly are. Plus the true bonding that James and Evie shared was great for their chemistry and the story line.

I guess that part of what lost me was that the ending seemed slightly all over the place. There was suppose to be Fae in the mix, but I felt as though they didn't get enough showing in this book to even be mentioned. Though the end of the book perfectly set up the next book, I felt that there were just a few loose ends that shouldn't have been left the way they were.

So in the end I was really excited with this book, but it saddens me to say that the ending wasn't exactly how I had pictured it. I'm hoping the next book in the series can get me back into Evie and James' story again.

3/5

No comments: