Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: Sweet Evil - By Wendy Higgins


Author: Wendy Higgins

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.


.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Release Date: 5/1/2012

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Purchase Info: Amazon





Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

First Thought: This is the Red Bull of books!

There may be some of you who are like, ‘What the heck doesRed Bull have to do with this book?’, well let me enlighten you. Red Bull isthe equivalent of oxygen to me. It’s my life force. Now go back and reread thatfirst sentence……clearly you now understand what I’m trying to say??

First, and foremost, I have to THANK times 1,000,000 Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads for pushing this book into my hands (who cometo find out, had it pushed into her hands by Jamie @ Two Chicks on Books). It’s not that I didn’t want to read it, honestly my Cover Whore fell in love with it the first I saw it, but my reading schedule this past month has beenhectic. So, after the reading haze cleared, I jumped head first into Sweet Evil.

Stunning. There are about a million different wordsthat I could use to describe everything about this book. The unique characters, brilliantly thought out back history, and the vivid raw emotions at every turn….I’ll try to tone it down a little.

Anna seems like just your run-of-the-mill, average girl, who just can happen to sense and see people’s emotions. So many different things factor into Anna, one being her overly protective mother who will seldom let her off her leash. Surprisingly, her mother didn’t turn me off like I thought she would. The reasoning behind everything that she did beautifully intertwined with the plot. Of course there was a defining moment when Anna starts to realize that she’s more. From that moment on it was full speed ahead, finding answers is what she wants, and discovering more then she bargained for is exactly what happens!

Speaking of plot, HOLY MOSES! (Bahaha, great play on words there) I can NOT count the amount of times I was left breathless, speechless, and on the verge of tears. And sometimes this all happened at the same time! With Anna being thrust into such an awkward situation with Kaiden (Kai, like Thai), I mean I wouldn’t mind having to travel across the country with him in a car, but knowing how close that Sin is would leave my mind reeling too.

Honestly right now I want to spew from the mouth for probably a good 20 minutes about all the different elements that amazed me, the twists that shattered what I thought knew about the people in this book….and especially how many times I fell in love with these characters over and over again. Well except for Ginger, she’s some what of a snatch.


Ok….now how to wrap up this rant of a review….READ THIS BOOK NOW!


5/5




3 comments:

Bookluvr Mindy said...

So I take it that this book pulled you out of your reading funk? :) You have to read AMAZING books to keep you reading. A lot of just OK books will put you back in that funk.

Wendy Higgins said...

Thank you so much! This made my day :)

Jessica Hansen said...

You're totally right! This book was utterly amazing, and I have been on a war path ever since :)