The Butterfly Code - By Sue Wyshynski
Publication date: October 15th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance, Suspense
My friends say Hunter Cayman’s dangerous.
They say he's a threat to everyone in town.
I’m not so sure.
As he stands before me in this crowded club with the lights shining around us, I catch something good under Hunter’s dark facade. Something decent and profound.
I don’t know who or what to believe.
But I will find out the truth.
Aeris Thorne is expecting a restful vacation in the remote town of Deep Cove. But on a stormy night, she meets the alluring and mysterious Hunter Cayman, and her life takes an exhilarating turn.
Aeris is both drawn to him and determined to find out what he’s hiding. It’s clear Hunter has found success with the high-security lab on his vast estate. But what Aeris doesn’t know is that he’s tormented by a secret: the truth behind his research.
As he and Aeris are drawn together, the walls he’s built to protect himself threaten to crumble. At the same time, she begins to wonder if she’s found the key to unraveling her own tragic past. When Aeris’s life is threatened, Hunter is forced to make an impossible decision about her future—one that could change everything.
What are 5 things most readers will never know about The Butterfly Code?
1. My story-editor had me delete a whole character from this novel.
2. Certain elements of the book were written fairly quickly, yet one scene took over 6 months to complete.
3. My main character, Aeris Thorne, inspired me to pick up my violin, which I haven't played since youth orchestra.
4. Until I'd completed The Butterfly Code, I refused my husband's constant requests to let him read even a single word.
5. For 4 months, while plotting this novel, I was Shailene Woodley's stand-in on the George Clooney movie, The Descendants.
Sue Wyshynski's writing style has been described as immersive, emotional, and action-packed.
According to Sue, "Writers must do more than write; they must try to speak to the hearts of the world."
The Butterfly Code, coming this fall, is Sue's first New Adult romantic suspense.
Sue wants to connect with you.
- A signed copy of The Butterfly Code
Leave a comment below letting Sue know what excites you the most about The Butterfly Code