Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: Enemy Within - By: Angeline Kace







Author:  Angeline Kace
Website
Release Date: 4/30/2013
Purchase Info: Amazon ~ B&N
Two guys who’ve stolen her heart.
Three races and only one of them worthy.
Countless enemies with insatiable bloodlust for power.
Will one girl's curse ultimately save her?


Half-vampire Brooke Keller barely survived the slaying of her worst enemy, only to learn that Zladislov—the world's most powerful vampire, leader of the vampire world, and her father—wants her dead. However, this time, she's not only fighting vampires but a raging monster within her that endangers what's left of her humanity. And when a deadly disease threatens to take her best friend's life, Brooke tries to convince Kaitlynn to accept a monster of her own: becoming a Zao Duh.

As a former slave to the Pijawikas, Mirko is driven to protect the innocent at all costs, but he has never faced a foe more formidable than Zladislov. And when the Commission bears down on Brooke, Mirko finds the stream of enemies runs deeper than he ever imagined.


Holy steaminess!

  Now I remember why I'm team Mirko!! That boy man can push me up against a wall any day of the week!

************

After "patiently" waiting for book #2, I absolutely devoured it. Something about the story, the connection to the characters, all made it seem so fresh & new to me. It took me a while to articulate exactly how to put this review....I went back and forth...and back and forth...nothing I said seemed to do justice to what I had just read. So, I waited. Now the words won't stop!


First things first! L-O-V-E!
 The lengths that Mirko will go to keep Brooke safe, to protect her from her enemies, melted my heart....yet at the same time made me want to jump right into the book and join the fight with my bad ass ninja skills.
(and yes, they are bad ass!) 

The love that he has for this girl is unfathomable. It knows no limits, it has no bounds, and there is a single thing in this world he wouldn't sacrifice for it. Burning bridges, assembling an army, or throwing a preppy blonde dude to the wolves, are simply a few sacrifices he would make for his girl.  Honestly, as the story evolves I start to see it in Brooke as well. Yes, she's experiencing one hell of a change, there are those feelings for that preppy blonde kid, but I can see where her heart truly it.

Must-get-back-on-track, I could sit here and talk about their love for dayyyyyyys.....

I absolutely have to give it to Angeline, there are some massive twists that I would never have seen coming, but she was able to brilliantly throw them into the story with ease. The fight scenes were written out like a could see it right in front of me....that it, if I wanted to see a bunch of blood and body parts flying every where...Though next time I want a guest spot so I can punch Brooke's dad in the face! He pisses me the hell off!



Over all, this was a fantastic cliff hanger for the final installment of this trilogy, and I for one can NOT wait to see how this story concludes!


4/5



No comments: