Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Countdown - By Michelle Rowen



Release Date: 10/1/2013
Purchase Info: Amazon - B&N
3 seconds left to live.

Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped.

2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game.

Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis.

1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it. Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape.

GAME OVER


Thrilling, suspenseful & completely AWESOME! 


Countdown was something that blew my expectations out of the water from the page one. I never would have thought a novel like this would get me so emotionally involved with the characters. Yes you’re scared for them, it’s intense, but somewhere I lost all those emotions and saw 2 people who needed each other much more than they needed to complete the next level.

 Kira has complete independence, but not by choice. Plucked from her every day life, she is now reliant on Rogan and their ability to work as a team. 

I loved that Rogan knew things Kira didn’t, and vice versa. With a mixture of “special talent”, loop-holes, decoys, and situations that I never would have thought imaginable, you have an atmosphere ready for something extraordinary. Having the entire book from Kira’s P.O.V. was great, considering she’s the one who’s being given the short end of the stick in this deal, her prospective was not only funny, but truly refreshing.


 Don’t forget about Rogan though….I mean, what spells out heart throb like cold blooded killer a teen with a troubled past?
 This part of the story was great, the way they twisted it & played up Rogan’s past to Kira makes her an even better heroine than before. Overcoming stereotypes was very common ground in Countdown, which, I for one like a lot. 

Then there’s the manipulation. As much as I want to go into who, or what, is doing the manipulating, I’m not going to. Yes, frankly it's mean, but you'll be thanking me in the end. Right now I can’t even count on 2 hands how many times I was blind sided, and trying to figure out as to which direction the book was going to go. 


Basically, go out & purchase this book now, I can’t recommend this book enough. It shattered my expectations times 10!



 5/5 

No comments: