Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Four Houses (YA Short Story) - By Tori Scott

Author: Tori Scott
Release Date: 2011
Purchase Info: Amazon


The door in front of me is the ugliest shade of plum I’ve ever seen. It’s a prune Grandma would eat, a raisin on its last leg, a swollen bruise in the most inconvenient of places.
The waiting is the worst part, wondering who will open the door. But this time it’s killing me, tearing me down piece by piece and devouring me with its insatiable jaws.
I bite my lip and raise my hand to knock.


Unknowing what I was jumping into with this read, I was startled to find myself so emotionally invested with so few words.

Traveling with a young girl who is simply trying to find what she's been missing, for the place that makes her feel whole. Yes, it's a short journey, but there's so much depth and growth behind it.
The story is being told in a slightly different way, you might find yourself questioning what the author was thinking, but don't. Just go with it, truly understand what's trying to be said and know that there's a bigger message to this story then Four Houses.

I truly enjoyed this read and the message that Tori was putting out there. She was able to paint the story of a life time in 20 pages, which in itself is a huge accomplishment. So if you get a chance to pick this up, I would totally recommend it, simply because it's nothing like what you'll be expecting.


4/5



No comments: